miércoles, 16 de junio de 2010

My life as Firewoman


Hello!!!
In this post I talk you about my life, I going to talk about my labour as FIREWOMAN.

From small, I’ve been in the firemen, when I was 11 years I entered to the juvenile brigade of firemen, and in this time only I learned to: how be firemen?
When I was 17 years, I swore as firewomen, on 07 January 2008, since this moment I started to go to fires, and participated more with my mates.

In the present I belong to the fourth fire company of San Antonio, I have two years and some months as firewoman, and my specialty is forest fires (but let to all fire that are called) and for this, that in the summer is when we have more call.

In this last time, I have been to many fires, home fires, accident, forestall fires, etc. In the last summer with my mates we went to many forestall fires, every day went to one. On one occasion, a fire lasted 10 days, was very tiring because we were all the day in the fire, and was 2500 hectares approximately.

Well, as a firewomen, not only assist to the fire, in the earthquake we worked since the first moment, helping to the community all the time, attending gas problem in the home, collapses, evacuating homes, informing people, and distributing water by one week all the day. Other activity that we make, is help in the floods, go out in support of other firefighters at a different city and many more.

In the firemen company we are many activities, such as: share everydays, but now I go only the weekend. In the Christmas we make a party for community children and they are happy climbing on the fire trucks with Santa Claus, and we visited children who are in the hospital for that date. Also, in my company we celebrated us anniversary with our family and celebrated the “mother day” for all woman that are important in our life.

I am very happy by this labour. I am happy, just when people tell me thanks you. I hope to continue to belong to this organization all my life and help in all that are necessary for save lives and property.

3 comentarios:

  1. Hi Yasna!!!
    I must say that when you told me this, I was very surprised I never thought you liked the fire jajaj not just jokes.
    I think this is a very nice work =)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. yasna congratulations for you participation in this labour of firewomen...this job is very important in the society!

    see you in class =)
    bye

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello Yasna!!

    I like very much your post! I think that the social labor you do is so important! and for this I believe that the Chilean government should give more resources to fire companies!

    See you in class!

    ResponderEliminar